Friday, January 13, 2012

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL...

OKAY, OKAY I admit! I spend a large amount of time looking in the mirror! That’s because I’ve learned that self-image is key. And another thing. When no one else I can hear my mentor yelling through the phone, “Bert, You Attract that which you Reflect!” After hearing men and women complain for years about the girlfriends and boyfriends they attract, complain about the type of jobs they secure, and the people that crowd the gist of their space I have now adopted the same motto. Ladies and Gentleman…“You attract that which you Reflect!” Why? Because life is a big mirror and until we have the full knowledge and revelation of the person we see in the mirror then we will not set a standard or an expectation for those we allow in our space. Which in turn leaves room for the leaches, greedy, needy, jealous, competitive, insensitive folk that we could really avoid from jumpstart.

Let me say that in the past, I’ve not been strong in myself and have shown a slightly different face to different people because I didn’t understand the Power of the person I saw in the mirror. Men and Women you must remind yourself that you are STRONG & POWERFUL! We become strong in ourselves, regardless of external circumstances. We shine with all of our magnificent colors blazing strong, unafraid of being judged or misunderstood, because we know who we are.

The question was asked of me…Who are you, really?

Well, let me start before answering that question by clearing up that my journey has been one that has been full of fun, depression, love, excitement, tragedy, joy, good times, along with good and bad intentions and motives from people who came into my life. I have wronged many people, and I have also run away and denied dealing with things in my life I had to clean up. Through it all the only constant was ME, how I dealt with things, and what I gleaned from what I experienced. Every single time I dealt with something about myself, I saw the need or possibility to better myself to be a better vessel in my life for ME first, and then for others. I simply had to take responsibility for my life and my actions. Was I going to let anything I was dealing with break me or was it going to make me?

This is why knowing yourself is one of the keys to life. It’s the key to each spiritual journey. To get to know our true selves in this human experience requires digging deep rather than listening to how others define us based on their reflections. It means coming to a place where we can say, “I know who I am without the need for approval or validation.” It fully believes in your true self – your non ego self, so that you get to live your life with integrity and the high standards of your loving soul. And so I ask you the question, WHAT IS YOUR MIRROR REFLECTING?
There is no doubt in my mind that I am beautiful, royal, confidant and My faith says that I am perfect and whole in Christ Jesus because He created me and you looking exactly the way He wanted. He gave us everything we need and will surely give opportunity for our gifts and talents to be used for His glory! There is no need for competition.

People, it is time for us to claim our authentic self and live life to our fullest potential. To be authentic means to find the key to happiness and success within one’s self, not within the society that you live in. You must think for yourself and create your own thoughts, needs and desires.
When you look in the mirror where do you see yourself? How do you see yourself? Have you done an internal investigation to assure that you are operating with pure motives?

I found that the Mirror which is really life is only producing that which you project. Each choice and decision you make today will reflect your tomorrow. Believe in yourself. Love yourself. Enjoy yourself. Invest in yourself and God will continue to develop the person you see in the mirror. Phillipians 1:6 says "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Have Faith,
Rev. Bert
Hebrews 11:6

2 comments:

Renadaj said...

Great read Rev. Bert! I'm still learning and growing. I'm blessed to made in His Image!!

Love you Sis and Thanks for the inspiration! <3

Present Help said...

Love it.. Mirror Mirror on the Wall I am fabulous so I need to attract fabulous people. Glad Im connected to you.!

Step out of fear and into Faith!

Step out of fear and into Faith!