Friday, February 17, 2012

I Want to Hear God!

Have you ever asked the question “How do you hear God?” Ever wondered how to differentiate His voice from the voice of the enemy?

For Starters
We have to choose to give the Lord our members and faculties, In other words, we offer Him our bodies, minds, abilities and emotions. We must be careful not to let the devil use our minds. The human mind is his favorite battleground and he will fire thoughts at us all day about any and everything. These foolish, confusing and degrading thoughts will often times drown out the voice of God. Things such as our surroundings, music, people and our environment are all things that can play a part in being confused on whether you are hearing from God.

What I Know Now
We cannot stop him (the enemy) from sending thoughts our way, but we can resist them in the power of Christ. To be honest, there are many days where I have to cast down thoughts and imaginations that enter my mind. I do it as I shower and get dressed in the morning. We have to do it as often as needed. Each day we must continue to fill up, gas up, and refuel on the Word of God. Often times that is what’s missing. We want to hear God. We want the power of God. We want the glory of God but very rarely are we spending alone and study time getting to know who God is through His Word.
I remember sitting in my bedroom many years ago one evening following church service. I said to God, “I pray but still don’t know when you are talking and I don’t understand why?” I heard Him so clearly say “I speak through my Word. If you don’t know my Word then you can’t know Me.” Very powerful for me and it still rings true today. The Bible tells us to Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately the Word of Truth. II Timothy 2:15 AMP We have to study the Bible and other resources that are made available to us today.

What I Want You to Keep
Think of it this way: two voices are competing for your attention. You can focus on one or the other. Choose to hear the voice of God. When we fill our minds with the right things then the wrong ones have no room to enter. When I came across this scripture I felt as if I hit the jackpot. I have chosen this scripture as my meditation each morning.Philippians 4:8-9 Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

What I Suggest
1)Set time for God - 60 minutes each day
2)Buy Devotionals
3)Become Still & Meditate – get in a quiet place
4)Journal- writes what you hear and feel in your spirit

I encourage everyone to spend at least 60 minutes with God each day; the results are life-changing! Also, I’d love for you to join me for “60 Minutes with the Father” Midnight Prayer on Friday, February 24, 2012. Bring a friend.
Have Faith,
Rev. Bert
Hebrews 11:6

No comments:

Step out of fear and into Faith!

Step out of fear and into Faith!